The Heinkel He 70 Blitz was a reconnaissance aircraft used by the Luftwaffe during World War II. Entering service with the Lufthansa as a courier aircraft, it was also used by the Condor Legion in the Spanish Civil War both as a light bomber and reconnaissance plane. After the war, it remained in service with the Spanish Air Force until 1954.
The Heinkel He 70 was a three-seat monoplane fitted with low, elliptical wings and retractable landing gear. The fuselage was made of elektron alloy, which was a light magnesium alloy invented in Germany during WWI as a substitute of aluminum. Due to this material tendency of catching fire, for the German pilots flying the Heinkel He 70 was rather dangerous. It was powered by one BMW VI 7.3Z V12 engine that delivered 750 horsepower. It was armed with one 7.92mm MG 151 machine gun and could carry up to 300 kg of bombs.
Wingspan: 48′ 7″ (14.8 m)
Length: 38′ 5″ (11.7 m)
Maximum speed: 224 mph (360 km/h)
Range: 1,310 miles (2,105 km)
Service ceiling: 17,390′ (5,300 m)