Schmidt-Rubin M1889 Rifle
The Schmidt-Rubin M1889 was a straight-pull bolt-action rifle with a 12-round box magazine developed by Colonel Rudolf Schmidt of the Swiss Army in 1889. It was accepted as the regulation rifle, and remained in service, only slightly modified, until 1931, when its bolt action was rejigged to operate in half the length. The modified version was only discarded in the late 1950s, and a sniper’s version was in use until 1987.
Type: manually-loaded repeater bolt-action rifle
Country of origin: Switzerland
Caliber 7.5 mm
Barrel length: 30.75 in (78 cm)
Effective range: 600 m
Weight: 9.8 lb (4.45 kg)