Most of the weapons used in the Spanish Civil War came from countries that would fiercely fight against one another during World War II. About 90% of the armored vehicles deployed in this internal armed conflict were either Soviet or German light tanks, which were sent to Spain to support the Republican Army and the Nationalists forces respectively. Fighters, bombers, and ground-attack aircraft also came from Axis countries and the Soviet Union. However, the bulk of the infantry weapons, such as rifles, pistols, and machine guns were made in Spain, some of them under license. Submachine guns did not play an important role. During the Spanish Civil War, the Germans would make extensive use of ground-attack aircraft to provide fire support to the infantry attacks.
– Spanish Mauser M1893 (Spain). It was used by Nationalists and Republican armies;
– Mauser 98k (Germany). Used by Condor Legion units
– Mosin-Nagant M1891/30 (Soviet Union). Employed by the International Brigades.
– Lebel M1886 (France). Also employed by the International Brigades.
– Mannlicher-Carcano M1891 (Italy). A 6.5mm bolt-action rifle used by the Italian volunteer units.
–Beretta Model 1938A (Italy)
– Star Model A (Spain), 9mm caliber
– Ruby (Spain), 7.65mm caliber
– Luger P08 (Germany)
– Beretta M1934 (Italy)
– Tokarev TT-33 (Soviet Union)
– Hotchkiss M1914 (France). Built in Spain under license, it was the standard infantry weapon of the Spanish Army and used by both sides (Nationalists and Socialists).
– Maschinengewehr MG 34 (Germany). It was used by Condor Legion units and Italian volunteers.
– Degtyarev DP (Soviet Union). It was employed by volunteer Soviet troops.
– Mortier Brandt 81mm M27/31 (France)
– 8-cm schwere Granatwerfer 34 (Germany)
– Brixia Model 1935 (Italy)
– Canon de 75 M1897 (France). A 75mm gun
– 7.5-cm Infantriegeschütz 18 (Germany)
– 15-cm schwere Infantriegeschütz 33 (Germany)
– 76.2mm Field Gun Model 00/30 (Soviet Union)
– BT-2 (Soviet Union)
– Bt-5 (Soviet Union)
– Panzerkampfwagen I (Germany)
– Panzerkampfwagen II (Germany)